With that being said, let’s dive into this list of 8 customs and habits that Italian mothers have (and are proud of.
1. She has a cross hanging somewhere on the wall in the house
2. Her massive re-usable bag collection
Whether she used them to pack your lunch or made you wear them inside your snow boots, they definitely came in handy one way or another.
3. She doesn’t sit down to eat unless everyone is seated first
4. The first thing she always asks you is, “Did you eat?”
And if you answer no, then she’s already running into the kitchen getting ready to prepare you something.
5. She tells you to bundle up more before going out
Even with a jacket, hat, scarf, and gloves, she just wants to make sure you don’t get sick.
6. She still doesn’t trust you in the kitchen alone
No matter what age you are, if she hears you make noise in the kitchen, guaranteed she’ll be in there behind you within seconds. It’s either because she doesn’t want you to make a mess, or she’s afraid you’ll burn the house down.
7. If you tell her you’re having a friend over, she’ll cook a feast for 20 people
As if there isn’t already so many leftovers when it’s just the family eating. Your friend will want to come over to eat every day now.
8. She thinks you are in danger if you don’t answer her calls
And you know you’re in for an ear full once you decide to answer her call.
What are some crazy habits your mothers have?
We’d love to hear them! Share them with us in the comments.