Best served as antipasto or even great incorporated into a main dish, Nonna Romana’s Eggplant polpette are quick to make and perfect for around the holidays.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large egg
- 3 slices Italian bread (about 4oz) torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 basil Leaves, minced
- 6 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs, plus more for rolling
- 5 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiani Cheese
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella, cut up into 1/2 inch cubes
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Get the full recipe at cookingwithnonna.com
Know of any other meatless polpette recipes? Share them below in the comment section!
Main Photo and Video by Rossella’s Cooking With Nonna