I love pastina! It warms your soul and is the ultimate comfort food. I like to use orzo but you can use regular pastina or acini pasta as well. With all of these gorgeous chive blossoms blooming in my garden, I had to add them to my pastina for some color and flavor. They look so beautiful on this dish and dress it up while still keeping it simple.
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 cup chives and chive blossoms
- Cook orzo in salted boiling water until barely al dente. Drain, but reserve a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Separately in a bowl, beat eggs until there are no lumps. Add pepper and chives.
- Pour eggs and a splash of pasta water to the orzo in a pot and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until the pastina is to your desired consistency. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Stir in cheese. You can add more than 2 tablespoons if you like but remember to taste to check how salty it is.
- Garnish with chive blossoms.