Whats better than combining two desserts into one? Not very much… If you love cannoli (which all Italians do) and you love cheesecake, this recipe is a must try! Impress your friends and family with this delicious dessert. It is a guaranteed hit to all who have a taste. Enjoy 🙂
- 7 oz pkg cannoli shells
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Confectionery sugar for sprinkling
- Optional: Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment (or Wilton mini cheesecake pans for deeper cheesecake).
- Crush cannoli shells (food processor works best), add butter and 2 tablespoons sugar and continue to pulse until med-fine crumbs.
- Press crumbs firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat ricotta cheese, remaining sugar and flour in bowl of electric mixer on medium until well blended. Add whipping cream, vanilla and zest; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing just until blended after each addition. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then sprinkle top with the chocolate chips delicately, pressing chips in lightly. Continue to bake 10 more minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more. Before serving sprinkle with confectionery sugar.
- Top with whipped cream if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator, serves 10.