What’s better than combining two desserts into one? Not very much… If you love cannoli (which all Italians do) and you love cheesecake, this recipe is a must try! Impress your friends and family with this delicious dessert. It is a guaranteed hit to all who have a taste. Enjoy 🙂
- 7 oz pkg cannoli shells
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Confectionery sugar for sprinkling
- Optional: Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment (or Wilton mini cheesecake pans for deeper cheesecake).
- Crush cannoli shells (food processor works best), add butter and 2 tablespoons sugar and continue to pulse until med-fine crumbs.
- Press crumbs firmly onto bottom of the pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat ricotta cheese, remaining sugar and flour in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium until well blended. Add whipping cream, vanilla, and zest; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing just until blended after each addition. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then sprinkle top with the chocolate chips delicately, pressing chips in lightly. Continue to bake 10 more minutes or until center is almost set. Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more. Before serving sprinkle with confectionery sugar.
- Top with whipped cream if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Serves 10.