Recipe: Adapted from Laura Vitale
Crispy Artichokes are almost impossible to stop eating, which is why they are so often compared to potato chips or french fries. In Naples, Italy they are referred to as “dorato fitto” which means golden fried, and in Rome, they are known as “carciofi alla giudia”. Although this recipe is not time-consuming and only contains five ingredients, it is simply delicious!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 lb of Frozen or Canned Artichoke Hearts, (quartered if whole)thawed and drained well
- 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
1. Heat oil in fry pan. In separate bowl whisk cheese, eggs, parmigiano, salt, and pepper.
2. Fully cover artichoke hearts with flour, and place them into the egg mixture so they are entirely coated.
3. Place artichokes into oil in batches until they have become golden brown. (for about 1-2 minutes on each side).
4. When artichokes are cooked, place them onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil.