Monica Bellucci is one of the most famous Italian models and actresses in the world. Her career has gone from strength to strength and she is well established in both the fashion and movie industries. Here are 15 facts about this talented Italian celebrity.
- Monica Anna Maria Bellucci was born on September 30 1964 in Citta di Castello, Italy.
- Bellucci is the only child of Pasquale Bellucci and Brunella Briganti.
- During her childhood, she lived in San Giustino.
- At just 13, she modelled for a local photography enthusiast.
- Monica Bellucci’s modelling career took off in 1988 when she moved to Milan and signed with Elite Model Management.
- Following this, she began a successful career across the continents and worked in both Paris and New York City.
- She has modelled for both French Elle and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Bellucci took acting classes to help her make the transition from modelling to acting.
- In 2004 and 2010, she posed naked on the cover of Vanity while she was pregnant on both occasions.
- Between 2006 and 2010, she was the face of Dior and she became the face of Dolce & Gabbana in 2012.
- She is signed with three modelling agencies; Storm Model Management in London, Elite+ in New York and D’management Group in Milan.
- In 2015, she was the Bond Girl in the James Bond movie ‘Spectre’. Aged 50 at the time, this made her the oldest ever Bond Girl in the franchise.
- Bellucci has married twice. She was married to Claudio Carlos Basso from 1990 to 1994. She then married Vincent Cassel in 1999 before divorcing in 2013.
- She has two daughters from her second marriage, Deva and Leonie.
- Monica Bellucci can speak four languages; Italian, English, French and Farsi, a Persian language.
Main Image: Flickr