Long and firm, the Italian Cucuzza Squash has light green skin and pure white flesh. An Italian favorite, the squash offers a slightly sweeter mild flavor and a fairly firm inviting texture.
Here is one of the most popular Cucuzza squash recipes, Cucuzza stuffing. Tastes delicious! Enjoy 😊
- 1 Cucuzza
- 2.5 tbs Margarine
- 1/2 lb. Ground beef
- 1/2 lb. Ground pork
- 1-2 Large onions (chopped)
- 1 Small bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 Ribs celery (chopped)
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 1 pkg. Herb stuffing mix
- Peel and chop the Cucuzza. Parboil Cucuzza and drain.
- Saute the ground beef, pork, onion, bell pepper, and celery in margarine
- Drain off fat and add Cucuzza, broth, and stuffing mix.
- Stiff and stuff bird or put in casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Need to buy Cucuzza Squash seeds? SHOP HERE
- Recipe adaptation: Ruby LaBorde
- Main image: Stuffed Cucuzza Italian Squash [Pinterest]