The Italian staple. Italian liquid gold. You know what I’m talking about, olive oil! Olive oil is delicious and is a key aspect of the Mediterranean diet. It has countless health benefits! Olive oil is a fat that comes from the olive tree (Olea europaea). It has been used since ancient times! It can be used for cosmetic purposes and added to numerous dishes. Here are some of the benefits of olive oil!
- Olive oil is full of antioxidants.
- Olive oil can prevent strokes.
- It contains dietary fat and can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Olive oil reduces the risk of high blood pressure, strokes, and high cholesterol.
- The consumption of olive oil can reduce inflammation.
- Olive oil makes for a great moisturizer and hair treatment. It can help prevent wrinkles when applied topicall.
- Individuals who consume olive oil which is rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fats compare to those who consume a large amount of trans fat are less likely to experience depression.
- Olive oil reduces the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Olive oil contains a natural phenolic compound called oleocanthal which prevents Alzheimer’s.
- It can reduce the risk of sudden pancreas inflammation which is known as acute pancreatitis.
- Main Image: Olive Oil [Unsplash]