A delicious salad that is perfect for a summer day!
- 1 lb. Rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 / 4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 / 2 cup of sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 small jar of marinated artichokes quarters, drained or 1 can of artichokes, drained and sauteed
- 1 / 4 to 1 / 2 lb solid piece of Genova Salami, cubed
- 1 / 2 piece of a round fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 /4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 / 4 cup olive oil
- 2 heads of lettuce (red and butter) washed, dried and cut
- salt and pepper
- Cook elbow pasta until al dente (a little hard, not too soft) according to package. Immediately when finished cooking, drain pasta in a colander under cold water to prevent it from becoming sticky.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl add your chopped ingredients. When the pasta is drained well and cool toss it in with the chopped ingredients.
- Add Italian dressing, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss well. Mixing together everything and tasting for salt and pepper or extra dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerator for later.
- (If you can’t find fresh mozzarella or a good Italian deli than by all means substitute the package brand in the deli section at the supermarket (some supermarkets sell fresh mozzarellas that are very good), don’t make yourself crazy looking for the exact ingredients… improvise to your taste…
- ENJOY! – Italian Combo Salad and a little Mombo and that’s a party
Recipe was sent in from Somebodys-Mom.com, be sure to check out their page for more delicious recipes!