Cannoli from a bakery is always delicious but nothing beats homemade! This recipe does not require too many ingredients and is not very difficult to make! It has been passed down through generations and is sure to be a hit in your famiglia too!
- Mini Chocolate Chips (1.5 cups)
- 15 Cannoli Shells
- 1 ½ cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 lbs of Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 Tbsp of Candied Orange Peel
-Recipe yields 15 cannoli
- Put the ricotta in a cheesecloth and set in in a strainer. Put the stainer in a large bowl. Weigh the ricotta down with a heavy object such as a bowl. Let the ricotta strain for at least 7 hours. The liquid will all drain out of the cheese.
- Once the ricotta has drained, in a large bowl add ricotta, candied orange peel, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Stir the ingredients thoroughly.
- Fill each cannoli with a piping bag. When cannoli are filled dip each side in chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Main Image: Wiki