As the weather gets colder sometimes we just crave a nice hearty soup and a good pasta fagioli is the perfect thing! Check out this flavourful vegan pasta fagioli recipe by NikkiVegan.
You Will Need:
- 1 Medium Onion
- 5 Carrots
- 3 Stalks of Celery
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Tbsps of Olive Oil
- 15 Ouce Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Paprika
- 2 Tsp of Miso Paste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 7 Cups of Water
- 1 1/2 Cup of White Beans
- 1 Cup of Pasta (preferably small)
- On medium high heat, sauté the finely chopped carrots, onions, and celery for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add salt, paprika, and bay leaves. Cook for 3 -5 minutes then add bay leaves, diced tomatoes, veggie bouillon cube, water, and beans.
- Raise the heat to high to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low once it’s boiling and over with a lid. Let the soup simmer on low heat for 1.5 hours. Checking every 20-30 minutes to stir.
- In a separate pot, boil pasta noodles until al dente (2-3 minutes less than what the package recommends) The pasta should be cooked but still have a chewy texture.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the soup pot. Stir and add more salt if needed. Simmer for another 5 minutes and add chopped kale.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the kale is cooked through.
- Serve with vegan parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and some pepper flakes on top.
What do you add to your pasta fagioli? Share your recipes in the comments.
Main Photo & Video by NikkiVegan