If you love a little spice in your pasta then you’ve got to try this spicy and flavorful linguine alla Calabrese. With dry peperoncino and salty anchovies, your tastebuds will thank you from all the amazing flavours! Check out the recipe below.
- 350 Grams of Linguine or Spaghetti
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 4 Anchovies in Oil
- 1 Spoon of Capers
- 1 Spoon of Dry Peperoncino Flakes
- 1 Spoon of Oregano
- 400 Grams of Canned Tomatoes
- A pinch of Salt
- A Pinch of Black Pepper
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil (For Frying)
- Add oil to pan and place over low to medium heat.
- Cut the clove of garlic in half and add it to the pan with the anchovies.
- Break up the anchovies while frying them with the garlic. Remove the cloves of garlic once the anchovies are all broken up.
- Add the dry peperoncino and can of tomatoes and stir all together.
- Add the capers in while continuously stirring. Once the sauce has come to a boil add in the oregano and a pinch of salt.
- Pour sauce over the cooked linguine and mix all together.
- Add a pinch of black pepper and parsley to top it off.
Not a fan of anchovies? Try this recipe with a little but of mild or spicy Italian sausage instead!
Main Photo and Recipe by Non Siamo a MasterChef