Adding a few crushed amaretti cookies to a dessert recipe makes it so much more flavourful. Check out this chocolate and amaretti cake recipe by Cuor di Cacao and watch how easy it really is to make a delicious and moist amaretti cake.
- Dark chocolate 200gr
- Butter 200gr
- Eggs 3
- Sugar 170gr
- Pinch of Salt
- All Purpose Flour 100gr
- Amaretti Cookies 70gr
- Melt the chocolate together with the butter over a low heat until you get a smooth liquid mixture. Let it cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt. Work until the mixture is frothy and soft.
- Pour in the chocolate butter mixture with the eggs and sugar and mix it all together.
- Add the sifted flour and work the mixture.
- Finally, add the crushed amaretti cookies and mix.
- Grease and flour a baking pan of 22 cm in diameter and gently pour the mixture.
- Bake at 180 ° for 35 minutes.
- Add amaretti cookies around the top of the cake for decoration and it’s ready to eat and serve.
Try adding amaretti cookies to a vanilla cake recipe too and taste the difference it makes! Let us know in the comments if you test out this recipe.
Main Photo and Recipe by Cuor di Cacao