Nothing tastes better then a yummy hot chocolate on a cold winter night, but have you ever tried the Italian cioccolata calda (hot chocolate)? Trust us, it’s better than the chocolate powder or syrup mix! Check out the recipe below.
- 1½ Cups of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
- 4 Oz of Dark Chocolate
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- A Pinch of Salt
- Whip Cream and Cocoa Powder for Top
- Chop chocolate and set aside.
- Whisk 1/2 milk and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan place the rest of the milk with sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, add the cornstarch mixture, whisk until combined and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped chocolate, turn the heat off and whisk for 2-3 minutes, until completely dissolved and thick.
- Pour into a mug, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
After trying this you won’t go back to the chocolate powder stuff! Let us know what you think about this recipe in the comments.
Main Photo & Video by The Cooking Foodie