Originating from Reggio Calabria, petrali are known as Calabrese Christmas cookies usually filled with dried figs and almonds. This Nutella petrali recipe is perfect for children around the holidays and for those who aren’t huge fig fans. Check out the recipe below.
- 300 Grams of All Purpose Flour
- 100 Grams of Powdered Sugar
- 130 Grams of Softened Butter
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Nutella (for inside the cookies)
- Crushed Hazelnuts (for topping)
How does your family like to make their petrali? Share your suggestions below!
Main Photo and Video by Cuor di Cacao – Ricette Dolci