Christmas doesn’t feel like Christmas unless you have castagne (chestnuts). Incorporate the sweet flavour of chestnut with this ricotta and castagne crostata recipe by l’Orso Ghiotto.
Ingredients for Dough:
- 350 g of Flour
- 180 g of Butter at Room Temperature
- 100 g of Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg
- A Pinch of Salt
- A splash of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Filling:
- 350 g of Cow Ricotta
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Icing Sugar
- 60 g of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Can of Chestnut Cream (400 g)
- 125 g of Cocoa Icing
- Chocolate Glaze to Decorate
- Sift the flour into a large container. Add the butter, a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients with your hands.
- Add the icing sugar and knead quickly. The result will be a sandy mixture.
- Pour the egg in and continue to knead.
- When all the ingredients are joined together, form ball, wrap it in cellophane and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Mix the ricotta and the icing sugar until you get a creamy texture.
- Add the chocolate chips and well.
- After the dough has cooled, roll out on a lightly floured board and line your pan with the dough removing the extra edges and pierce the base of the dough with a fork.
- Fill the base with chestnut cream then add the ricotta filling. Bake at 170 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let the crostata cool then add the chocolate glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!
What is your favourite chestnut dessert for the holidays? Share your recipes in the comment section below.
Main Photo and Recipe by: lorsoghiotto.it
Video by l’Orso Ghiotto