In need of a quick dessert recipe this holiday season? These Calabrese susumelle make for the perfect holiday treat. They aren’t only sweet and delicious, they are also super easy and quick to make as well. Check out the recipe below.
- 300 g of Flour
- 100 g of Honey
- 70 g of Sugar
- 40 g of Almond flour
- 1 Cup of Orange juice
- 50 g of Raisins
- 2 Teaspoons of Bitter Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Bitter Cocoa Powder
- 100 g of Dark Chocolate (For Topping)
- 15 g of Butter (For Topping)
- Firstly, soak the raisins in the orange juice.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, almond flour, sugar, honey, cinnamon, baking soda, cocoa, orange zest and orange juice with raisins.
- Mix all ingredients well then start needing the dough with you hands.
- Form the susumelle in your palms and place on a baking sheet leaving 2 cm apart from each as they will grow.
- Bake in a hot oven at 175 ° C for about 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the butter with the dark chocolate together then pour over the susumelle
- Serve and enjoy!
Main Photo & Recipe by blog.giallozafferano.it
Video by Ornella Scofano Ricette che Passione