Love the bitter yet sweet taste of anis and sambuca? If so, you have got to try out these anisette knot cookies by Rossella’s Cooking With Nonna.
Directions For Dough:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg and one egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Anise Extract
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions For Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup Sambuca or Anisette liqueur
These cookies are amazing on there own but even better paired with coffee! Let us know if you try this recipe out at home.
Get the full recipe at cookingwithnonna.com
Main Photo and Video by Rossella’s Cooking With Nonna