• 1 pound of fresh strawberries
• 16 ounces Ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, add Ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir to incorporate and set aside.
- For whole strawberries: use a spoon (a grapefruit spoon works great) to hollow out the inside of the strawberry. Spoon the ricotta mixture inside and top with chocolate chips or pistachios. For halved strawberries: Cut strawberries in half longways. Spoon ricotta mixture onto flat side and top with chocolate chips or pistachios. For a bowl of strawberries: cut strawberries in bite-sized pieces or dice. Place in individual bowls. Top with a dollop of ricotta mixture and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips or pistachios.
Main Photo by [flickr]
Recipe by [Cindy’s Kitchen]