Here are 8 things every Italian kid can relate to!
1. You Were Allowed to Drink Coffee & Wine
Usually Nonna or Nonno would let you have some and tell you not to tell your parents!
2. You Got Weird Looks at School When it Was Lunchtime
You got the weird looks but your American friends had no idea what they were missing out on.
3. Nonno Was Your Bestfriend
From sharing his wisdom with you to helping in the garden, you spent a lot of time with your Nonno.
4. You Were Washing Dishes by the Time You Were 3 or 4
Either you enjoyed it or your mom forced you to.
5. There Were Some Words You Only Knew in Italian
For the longest time I didn’t know what a dust pan was.
6. Mom Would Pin a Corno on You
For all the family weddings and events you’d go to.
7. You Sang Along to Old Italian Songs
Nonno’s old Italian cassette tapes were your favourite things to listen to.
8. You Were Talking With Your Hands by 2 Years Old
You couldn’t help it since everyone else around you was doing it.
9. Nonna and Mom Let You Help Them in the Kitchen
From making dough from scratch to making the salami, you were their little helper.
10. Getting Your Name Mispronounced All The Time
Teachers always struggled with this one.
Have anything else to add to this list? Let us know below in the comments.