(Image from: Twitter.com/ginofantastico)
Gino D’Acampo is a celebrity chef and television personality from Italy who now resides in England. Although he is best-known for his culinary skills, he has become one of the most loved personalities on UK television and is known for his humor and flamboyant style. Here are some interesting facts about this famous Italian.
- Gennaro ‘Gino’ D’Acampo was born in Torre del Greco in Naples on July 17, 1976.
- His birth sign is Cancer.
- At the age of 19, he moved to London and secured a job at ‘The Orchard Restaurant’.
- He first rose to fame when he appeared on ‘This Morning’ in the cooking section.
- As part of a bet while appearing on the TV series ‘Celebrity Juice’ D’Acampo officially changed his name by deed poll to Gennaro ‘Sheffield’ D’Acampo.
- He is the co-owner of ‘Bonato Italia Ltd.’. This company supplies Italian ingredients.
- Gino holds six Guinness World Records, all of which he set on his television series, ‘Let’s Do Lunch’.
- In 1998 he was convicted of burglary at Tony Young’s house and spent two years in prison.
- In 2001, he married his wife Jessica Stellina Morrison.
- The couple have three children together; Mia, Luciano, and Rocco.
- D’Acampo lives with his family in Elstree, Hertfordshire, England.
- In 2009, Gino appeared in and won ‘I’m A Celebrity: Get Me Out of Here!’. Along with his fellow contestant Stuart Manning, he was charged with animal cruelty after the show. This was for killing and cooking a rat. The charges were later dropped.
- Gino launched a chain of Italian restaurants in 2011 called ‘My Pasta Bar’.
- In 2013, D’Acampo began a series called ‘Gino’s Italian Escape’ and he has released a book following each series.
- As of 2017, Gino had written 11 cookbooks.
Please follow and like us: