Recipe: Adapted from Laura in the kitchen
The delicious tangy flavor of Italian lemon ricotta cookies make them the perfect cookie for any time of the year. This amazing recipe is quick and easy and only takes 10 minutes for preparation, and 15 minutes to cook. Ricotta cookies can be made with either lemon or almond extract and are delicious either way! They can be decorated with colored sprinkles for Christmas as well!
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Envelope of Vanillina or 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 envelope of Pandegliangeli or Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Whole Milk Ricotta
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
Juice of the lemon we zested
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugar and butter together until fully combined. Incorporate eggs, ricotta, and lemon zest, Continue mixing.
- In a seperate, smaller bowl mix together flour, half an envelope of pandegliangeli, salt, and vanillina with tablespoon. Add this mix to previous ricotta mix for 1-2 minutes until it becomes a fluffy dough.
- Scoop out dough onto parchment paper 2-3 inches apart using a small ice cream scooper. Bake for 15 minutes until cookies become golden on the bottom. Leave cookies out to cool on a rack.
For the Lemon Glaze
- Whisk powdered sugar with juice from 1/2 lemon. Begin adding in the juice from the other half of the lemon until you have reached desired consistency. If you have used 1 full lemon but want the consistency more runny, add 1 Tbs. of water or milk. The consistency should be slightly liquefied but still partially thick. Alternative: you can use 1 1/4 almond extract, and water or milk for glaze if you prefer it over lemon.
- Using a tablespoon, drizzle glaze on each cookie.
(Recipe yields several dozen cookies)