Mario Balotelli is an Italian international striker who is currently signed to Nice as well as representing the Italian national team. He is widely recognized as one of the most talented soccer players from Italy of all time. Here are 15 interesting facts about this skilled sportsman.
- Mario Barwuah Balotelli was born in Palermo, Italy, on August 12, 1990.
- His birth parents are Ghanaian but they put him in foster care when he suffered serious health issues as a toddler.
- His foster parents are Francesco and Silvia Balotelli and they brought him up in Brescia.
- His foster siblings are brothers Giovanni and Corrado and sister Cristina.
- Balotelli fist showed talent as a young child while playing for a local parish team.
- In 2001, AC Lumezzane recognized his talents and signed him to their club. He made his senior debut for the team against Padova in 2006 at the age of just 15.
- After Lumezzane and before Nice, Balotelli played for Inter Milan, Manchester City, AC Milan, and Liverpool FC.
- His nickname is Super Mario.
- Balotelli is a huge fan of using social media and has millions of fans and followers on sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Between 2010 and 2016, Mario Balotelli made 33 appearances representing Italy’s national team. In these appearances, he scored 13 goals.
- In 2012, Balotelli appeared alongside Tinie Tempah in GQ magazine. They had named Balotelli the best dressed man in the world with Tinie Tempah finishing in second place on the list.
- In his spare time, Mario Balotelli enjoys mixed martial arts.
- Balotelli had a daughter, Pia, who was born on December 5 , 2012. Balotelli initially denied she was his daughter but finally took responsibility following a positive DNA test that proved paternity.
- In 2013, Balotelli got engaged to Fanny Neguesha. The couple split in September 2014.
- Balotelli plans to retire to Brescia as he has fond memories of a happy childhood in this part of Italy.
Main Image: Flickr