Isabella Rossellini is a well-known Italian actress, model, writer, filmmaker, and philanthropist. Here are 15 facts about this talented Italian celebrity.
- She was born in Rome on June 18, 1952.
- Her full name is Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini
- Her parents are Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini and she has a twin sister called Isotta.
- Rossellini has dual citizenship in Italy and the United States.
- She made her debut in movies in 1976 but initially achieved only nominal success and acclaim.
- One of her most famous roles was in the 1986 film ‘Blue Velvet’ in which she played the lead. For this, she won a Best Female Lead Independent Spirit Award.
- Isabella Rossellini has two children, Roberto Rossellini and Elettra Rossellini Wiedmann.
- She has been married twice. She was married to her first husband, Martin Scorsese for just three years. They wed in 1979 and divorced in 1982. In 1983, she married Jon Wiedmann, the father of her daughter. Their marriage ended in 1986.
- In collaboration with Coty, Rossellini developed her own scent called ‘Manifesto’.
- She is passionate about animals and wildlife. She donates both her time and money to charities dedicated to wildlife causes.
- Rossellini was ‘the face’ of Lancome Cosmetics between 1982 and 1995.
- In the past, she has worked as a teacher of Italian and a translator for an Italian news bureau.
- In 1995, she appeared in an advert for milk.
- She is the author of three books.
- Isabella Rossellini is involved in training guide dogs for the blind.
Main Image: Wiki