If you want an easy yet filling meal to make for all the family, then this is a great option. This Italian pasta dish is full of flavor and is not complicated to make. Here is how to make chicken, tomato, and chorizo bake.
- 300g/10oz dried rigatoni
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 100g/ 3 1/2oz chorizo, chopped
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150g/ 5oz mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 75g/ 3oz light soft cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 30g/ 1oz torn fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/ Gas mark 8.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
- On a high heat, cook the chorizo for 3-4 minutes in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken and the chopped garlic and cook for a further five minutes.
- Tip in the can of chopped tomatoes and add the cherry tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the soft cheese, half the basil and three-quarters of the oregano. Stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the mixture and stir well to make sure the pasta is coated with the mixture.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish and sprinkle over the parmesan, the chopped mozzarella, and the remaining oregano.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the parmesan topping is golden.
- Serve into pasta bowls and sprinkle over the remaining basil.
Main Image: Unsplash