Founded in 1985, Dolce & Gabbana is a luxury Italian fashion house that was established two Italian fashion designers; Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. The pair are partners in both business and their personal life. Although this is one of the best-known fashion houses in the world, there are many facts you may not know about Dolce & Gabbana and here are 15 facts about Dolce and Gabbana!
- Dolce and Gabbana met in Milan in 1980 when working for the same fashion house and established their own fashion house in Legnano five years later.
- Their first women’s fashion collection was presented in Milan in 1985.
- The first Dolce & Gabbana store opened in Milan in 1986.
- They further developed their range of clothing by introducing leotards in 1988 and then lingerie in 1989.
- A boutique was opened in Tokyo in 1989.
- The first showroom in the United States opened in 1990.
- In 1992, they presented their first men’s collection.
- Also in 1992, their first perfume was launched.
- The 2015 autumn/ winter collection was a celebration of motherhood and the models who presented the range at fashion shows walked onto the catwalk with their own children.
- Dolce & Gabbana have made controversial comments about in vitro fertilization (IVF) and this led Elton John to encourage people to boycott this fashion brand.
- The designers say their recognizable look was inspired by ‘La Dolce Vita’, a 1960 movie.
- Since 1990, Dolce & Gabbana have been the official sponsors of the Italian national soccer team. They provide the team with sportswear, formalwear, and a range of accessories.
- In 1993, Madonna had a world tour called ‘The Girlie Show’ and Dolce & Gabbana were commissioned to create the costumes for this.
- Dolce & Gabbana chose Madonna for their 2010 advertising campaign.
- They have many celebrity fans who wear their clothes. These include Madonna, Angelina Jolie, Monica Bellucci, and Isabella Rossellini.
Main Image: Pexels