The holidays are upon us, fellow Italians! With the stress of shopping, gift giving, and entertaining this Christmas don’t let baking add to your stress! Italian desserts are not only delicious but easy to make and are sure to “wow” your family members so that they’re begging for the recipe! Below are some classic recipes with a twist that will be perfect to make this holiday season:
1. Struffoli – A Neapolitan dessert of fried dough balls smothered in honey and sprinkles. A true Christmas classic!
2. Hot Chocolate Affogato – What better way to spruce up a hot chocolate beverage than with ice cream, ginger snaps and candy canes?! A perfect, kid-friendly dessert!
3. Zabaglione– An authentic italian dessert that incorporates egg yolks, sugar and custard to make a light and airy dish that is sure to be a family favorite!
4. Panna Cotta– A gelatin dessert that allows for creativity. Add your favorite fruit, sauces or toppings to give this dish your own personal flair!
5. Biscotti Esse/”Italian S Cookies” – A traditional Italian biscuit cookie that pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea!