Who doesn’t love a good pizza pie? Pizza is one of the most popular dishes from Italy and is enjoyed by people worldwide! Here is a delicious and authentic recipe you have to try!
yields dough for 4, 12 inch pizzas
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 600 mL of warm water
- 7 cups (1kg) flour, type “00”*
- 2.5 – 3 tablespoons (25 grams) of fresh yeast or 2 teaspoons (7-8 grams) of dried yeast
- Mix yeast into a medium bowl with warm water and stir until the yeast dissolves. Place most of the flour on the table in the shape of a pyramid
- Pour yeast-and-warm-water mix, and the rest of the ingredients, into the center. Knead everything together for 10 to 15 minutes while keeping surface floured. Knead until dough becomes stretchy.
- Greece bowl with olive oil then add in your pizza dough. Spin the dough in the bowl so it becomes lightly covered with oil. Cover dough an leave to rest for 5 hours. When 5 hours have passed, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Dump dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface. Punch it down thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 4 sections for each 12-inch pizza. Let dough rest for about 5 minutes. Next, roll dough onto oiled baking pans. Add tomato sauce, fresh cherry tomatoes, or any other ingredients you like depending on the pizza your making. Brush edges of pizza with olive oil.
- Put pizza in the oven for 10 minutes, then add mozzarella cheese. Bake pizza until crust is crisp and cheese has melted. Add basil for a deliciously fresh touch!
- Main Image: Wiki