Pizzelles are traditional Italian waffle cookies that originated from South Italy. Many Italians make them for holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. They require a special pizzelle iron to make, but the investment is definitely worth it!
- Requires a Pizzelle maker
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 Eggs
- 1.5 Teaspoons of vanilla extra
- 4 cups of flour
- 1.5 cups of white sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 melted cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Beat the eggs (until light) and place them in a bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla extra, lemon zest, and butter. Mix well. Next, stir in the baking powder and flour.
- Warm up the pizzelle iron. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto the center of the patterns. Close the pizzelle iron and cook for about 25-30 seconds.
- Remove cookies gently from the iron.
- Let pizzelles cool on wire racks, and enjoy 🙂
- Main Image: Stacked Pizzelle [Wikimedia Commons]
- Recipe Adaptation: Pizzelle-Italian Traditional [All Recipes]