If a refreshing cocktail is what you’re after while heading into the warmer months, then this bubbly orange mixture will give you just that.
You’ve probably seen photos of this popular drink with a beautiful Italian scenery like the town of Positano or the city of Florence in the background. But you don’t need to make the trip to Italy to enjoy it. You can enjoy aperitivo time right at home!
So what does this bitter orange yet sweet blend consist of?
The flavors mostly lie in the Aperol liqueur itself with sweet orange and a mix of herbs and roots for a kick. But there is more to this recipe!
- Ice Cubes
- Orange Slices
- 1 Bottle of Aperol
- 1 Bottle of Prosecco (chilled)
- Soda or Sparkling Water (chilled)
1. Start with filling a wine glass with ice cubes.
2. Add equal parts of the Aperol liqueur and Prosecco
3. Add a splash of the soda/sparkling water
4. Garnish your drink with some orange slices for that aesthetically pleasing look
This cocktail is the perfect little pick me up after work, or great when hosting a dinner party with friends. (They will want to know the recipe too!)
Share some of your favorite cocktail mixtures with us in the comments.