Who doesn’t love Amaretto Cheesecake? Take your ordinary cheesecake to another level by trying this recipe! This unbelievably creamy cheesecake is full of delicious ingredients including amaretto, rich dark chocolate, vanilla, and ricotta! Garnish with melted chocolate and whipped cream for a heavenly treat!
- 2 cups crushed digestive biscuits
- 1 tablespoon good-quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 90g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 3 egg whites
- 675g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) amaretto (see note)
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320 F) and grease a 23cm (9 inch) pan. Cover outer base and sides of the pan with foil.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs, cocoa, and butter. Spread mixture over the base and 2cm up the sides.
- Process the vanilla, sugar, and egg yolks. Add the sour cream, ricotta, amaretto and flour, and process until smooth. Pour mixture in a mixing bowl and fold through the whipped cream.
- Beat egg whites until they form peaks, then fold into the mixture and fold in half the chocolate. Place in prepared pan, then set the pan in a deep baking dish. Pour boiling water into the baking dish so it comes halfway up sides of the pan. Bake for 1 hour, turn the oven off and leave to cool completely. After it has cooled refrigerate for another hour and serve.
- When serving, place the leftover chocolate in a separate bowl over boiling water until it has melted. Be sure to stir thoroughly and constantly. Let the chocolate cool only a little and drizzle over the cheesecake.