Great recipe for the perfect Italian Hoagie!
- 1 1/3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 long Italian hoagie bread
- 1/4 lb prosciutto
- 1/4 lb capicola
- 1/4 lb genoa salami
- 1/4 lb hot soprassata
- 1/4 lb sharp provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup iceberg or romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup hot cherry pepper hoagie spread
- Cut bread lengthwise halfway through.
- Take out dough center or the bread.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and oregano; mix in the oil, whisking as you pour to emulsify the mixture.
- Drizzle the oil/vinegar mixture on the rolls, then layer the cheese and meats.
- Top with the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, then peppers. Drizzle with additional oil/vinegar, cut in half, and serve!
Recipe adapted from bakerbynature.com