Let Vincenzo from Vincenzo’s Plate teach you how to make these amazing Italian lemon cookies! They are fresh and delicious and sure to please all of your guests! Topped with a bit of sugar, these cookies are irresistible!
- 1 x egg
- 100g sugar (1/2 cup)
- 260g plain flour (1.79 cups)
- 100g sunflower oil (1/2 cup)
- 1 x teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 x lemon Icing sugar
- Lemon cookies are best mixed using a kitchen aid. If you don’t have one, you can also dig in with your hands!
- To make the lemon cookies, add 260g plain flour to a mixing bowl along with 100g of sugar.
- Grate the lemon skin and add this as well, then squeeze all of the juice from the same lemon and mix it in.
- Next, add the yeast, one egg and 100g sunflower oil.
- Using the Kitchen Aid, mix the ingredients well, until it forms into small crumbly chunks. Use a slow speed first and then turn it up just slightly.
- Put the chunks onto a wooden board and gently knead them until they join together. The parts that crumble away can just be stuck back on as the oils from your hands will help everything come together.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius in preparation to bake the lemon cookies and line a flat biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Then, break away small chunks of the mixture, rolling each one in your hands to form a small ball.
- Put each ball on to the tray, lining them up so there is enough space between each one for them to grow slightly without touching.
- Place the tray into the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once the lemon cookies are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Dust icing sugar over the top and serve.
Like this recipe? Subscribe to Vincenzo’s Plate for more!
Subscribe Here: Vincenzo’s Plate