Lemon chicken piccata is a light, refreshing, and delicious dish! the lemon in it adds the perfect amount of freshness! This meal is easy to make yet is still perfect if you’re looking for a fancier meal or to spice up your normal chicken skillet. Enjoy!
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Total: 40 mins
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut in half longways
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2¼ tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- All-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup brined capers
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- First, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge chicken in flour. In a skillet over low-medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter with olive oil.
- Place chicken pieces in the skillet. Cook them for 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet and place on a dish on the side.
- Next, remove skillet from heat. Add the lemon juice, capers, and wine. Place skillet back on the heat and let ingredients boil.
- Place the chicken back into the skillet. Let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove chicken and place on a platter.
- Add any extra butter to the sauce and whisk for 2 minutes until it has thickened. Pour the finished sauce over the chicken, add a bit of parsley and enjoy!