In love with ricotta and chocolate? If so, this recipe is perfect for you! This Italian cheesecake makes for a delicious dessert that is absolutely perfect for any occasion!
Ingredients for crust:
- 1-1/4 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs (25 cookies, processed in food processor)
- 1/4 cup (plus 2 Tbsp.) butter, melted
Ingredients for filling:
- 4 cups (30 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or mint-flavored chocolate chips, divided
- Begin by greasing the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Mix the crust ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Pour crust mix in the bottom of the pan and press in evenly to cover the pan. Bake the crust in preheated 350°F oven 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar, half-and-half, flour, ricotta, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Add eggs one at a time and stir with an electric mixer. When ingredients are thoroughly combined, fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Bake cheesecake in a preheated 350°F oven for an hour.
- Cool in oven with the oven door propped open for about 25 minutes and then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 3 minutes and drizzle it over the cake using a spoon. Serve with the chocolate warm or let cool and serve later!
Recipe: Adapted from Sargento