There is nothing like an ice-cold Italian Ice on a hot summer day! This recipe is so simple to make and it is one that kids really enjoy! It is made with ingredients that you might already have in your home!
- Total Time: 20 min
- Prep: 20 min
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Level: Easy
- 3 cups raspberry, strawberry, or lemon syrup (recommended: Torani)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 5 pounds crushed ice (about 6 ice trays)
- Mix the syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and mint in a pitcher and let chill in the fridge for several hours. Crush ice in a food processor until it is shaved.
- Place 3 cups of crushed ice in a serving dish. Pour 4 to 5 tablespoons of the syrup mixture over the ice. Enjoy!
- Main Image: Mick Tinbergen on Unsplash