Two Italian favorites combined into one bowl of soup! Try this delicious Italian Tomato-Basil soup for dinner! It will not disappoint.
- 4 tomatoes – peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter365
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add tomatoes and juice. Let ingredients simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the tomato mixture and basil leaves. Return the puree to the stockpot.
- Set the pot over medium heat, and stir in the heavy cream and butter entirely. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted but be sure not to boil the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add some fresh basil leaves to the top, and enjoy!
- Main Image: FoodieFactor from Pixabay