Baked ziti is a dish that has remained in Italian families for generations. This classic dish, made with ziti macaroni and sugo originated in Northern Italy. This recipe only requires 10 minutes to prep and is perfect for Sunday dinner or holiday parties!
- Total Time: 40 minutes (Prep: 10 min., Cook: 30 min.)
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 lb of ziti pasta
- 4 cups of homemade sugo (marinara sauce)
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella
- Parmigiano cheese
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- Boil water with a little salt and begin cooking the ziti. (Cook until al dente) Strain pasta and put to the side.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and transfer the pasta to a baking dish. Add 2 cups of sugo, 4 ounces of mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, ricotta cheese. Mix ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
- After you have done this, top with the remaining sugo and cheeses. Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden and slightly crisp. Enjoy!
Recipe: Adapted from ItalianChef.com
- Main Image: Flickr