Zuppa Inglese is an Italian cream rum cake that is made with ladyfingers, chocolate chips, sugar, and alchermes liquor. It does not require much time at all to make and is great for family parties! Watch the video below by Cookist for video instructions on how to make it!
• 300g ladyfinger biscuits (10 oz)
• 100g chocolate chips (3.5 oz)
• 3 egg yolks
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 400ml milk (1.6 cup)
• 300ml water (1.2 cup)
• 3 tbsp alchermes
• 2 tbsp sugar
- Using a saucepan, add eggs, cornstarch, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour in a little milk and combine thoroughly. Add the remaining milk and set aside.
- Cook until the cream gets thick.
- In a separate saucepan, pour water and sugar. Heat until the sugar is melted. Let the syrup to cool. When the syrup has cooled miz in the alchermes.
- Thoroughly soak the ladyfingers in the syrup and put in a rectangular form.
- Pour half of the cream on the biscuits and add a handful of chocolate chips.
- Make a second layer of biscuits and cover with cream again.
- Add chocolate chips, and chill for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!
- Main Image & Video: YouTube