Fried cauliflower is eaten in many Italian-American homes. It is a recipe that works great as an appetizer or a side dish! The cauliflower has the perfect consistency and flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten with 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 tsp. ground basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat your oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place the egg, milk, and flour mix in a separate large bowl. in a separate bowl mix breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Thoroughly coat the cauliflower florets in the flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumb mix.
- After they are coated, fry the cauliflower in batches for 4 minutes or until they become a nice golden color. When the cauliflower is cooked place in a bowl lined with paper towels to absorb access oil. Continue with the rest of the cauliflower. When all of it is cooked, add a little parmesan cheese to the top and enjoy! (Note: You can put the batches in the oven to keep them warm while you’re frying!)