If you love Limoncello, then these cupcakes are for you! Special thanks to @Fabrizia_Limoncello for this delicious recipe! Be sure to follow @fabrizia_limoncello on Instagram for more amazing recipes ideas and photos!
Lemond Curd Filling
- 1/4 cup Fabrizia Limoncello (More if you want it to ooze. Less if you think that’s gross lol)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- Combine all of the ingredients in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Heat while whisking constantly until mixture thickens and reaches 160 degrees, or coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the lemon curd into a heatproof bowl, cover with clear wrap pressed onto the top of the curd to avoid a film developing, and refrigerate until cold.
- 1 cup unsalted butter,
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt adjust to taste
- Optional: Add another 1/4 cup of limoncello
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed at first, then increase to medium speed and continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes until the mixture starts to come together.
- Add in the heavy cream (start with 2 tablespoons and add a little more if needed), vanilla extract, and salt and continue mixing on medium-high speed for another minute until everything is well combined.
- Main Image & Recipe: @fabrizia_limoncello