Many Italians remember eating hot stracciatella growing up. Like pastina, stracciatella is also considered an Italian “cure-all” because it instantly makes you feel better. It is perfect for the fall and winter!
- 4 Eggs
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ⅓ cup fresh grated pecorino Romano
- ½ cup thinly sliced baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon Pork King Good Crumbs
- 2 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (spiceology) ½ tsp turmeric
- Crack eggs and then add Italian seasoning, Pork King Good Crumbs , and Pecorino Romano in a mixing bowl. Whisk ingredients thoroughly and set to the side.
- Add olive oil, diced shallots, and minced garlic to a saucepan over medium heat until they have softened.
- Add chicken broth to the pan and bring to a simmer just below a boil. Add scallions and thinly sliced spinach and stir for about 20 seconds.
- Carefully pour in the egg mixture while whisking. Enjoy.
- Main Image & Video: YouTube