It’s safe to say that nothing tastes better than Nonna’s homemade meatballs, but sometimes it’s okay to switch things up a little bit. These polpette di pane are the perfect topping over a nice spaghetti.
- 220 Grams of Stale Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 100 Ml of Milk
- 40 Grams of Parmesan
- 60 Grams of Provola
- 50 Grams of Bread Crumbs
- 200 Grams of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice bread into small pieces and soak in hot milk.
- Grate the provola & chop parsley.
- Gently squeeze any excess liquid from the pieces of bread then put them in a bowl and add the eggs, parmesan and parsley. Mix together and leave in the fridge for about an hour to cool.
- Once out of the fridge, work the mixture well and form meatballs. Leave a little room to add the provola in the center. To make them firm put them back in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a pan with two cloves of garlic. Let that fry up, then add the tomato sauce.
- Add salt and oregano, dip in the meatballs in and cook for 10-15 minutes.
How do you make your polpette? Share your recipes in the comments!
Main Photo & Video by Ricette Senza Glutine VivoGlutenFree Cucina24ore