Switch up your original pasta al forno recipe and check out this flavourful pumpkin and mushroom pasta in the oven the makes for the perfect fall dish!
- 160 Grams of Macaroni (Or any pasta of your choice)
- 200 Grams of Pumpkin
- 10 Grams of Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1/2 a White Onion
- 150 Grams of Mozzarella
- 400 Grams of Béchamel
- 150 Grams of Sliced Ham
- 1/2 Glass of White Wine
- Pecorino Romano
- Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Start buy soaking the porcini mushrooms then chop the pumpkin into cubes, slice the pieces of ham and chop the onion.
- In a non-stick pan over low heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and the chopped onion.
- Once the onion starts to brown add in the ham and half glass of white wine and stir.
- Add in the pieces of pumpkin along with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Drain and squeeze the excess water from the porcini mushrooms and add those to the pan also.
- Add in your already boiled pasta, mix well, then transfer everything to a plastic or glass bowl.
- Add half of the béchamel and some pecorino cheese and mix well.
- Place the pasta mixture in a leveled baking pan and add the remaining béchamel along with cubes mozzarella pieces, extra pecorino and breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 190° for 25 minutes. (Until top gets brown and crunchy)
What does your typical pasta al forno look like? Share your recipes in the comments.
Main Photo and Video by Creativa in Cucina