Looking to change up the flavour in your sugo? Check out the Italian Food Boss‘s delicious recipe for orecchiette with pork sauce!
• 400gr / 14oz orecchiette
• 600gr / 21oz pork spare ribs
• 300gr / 10oz diced pork
• 700gr / 24oz Passata di Pomodoro (tomato puree)
• 2 onions
• 1 carrot
• 1 piece of celery
• 1 glass of red wine
• A few Bay leaves
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Parmesan cheese
• Salt and Pepper
- Pour some oil in a pan.
- Gently fry the grated onions, carrot and celery..
- Chop the spare ribs, put all the meat in the pan and seal well for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the red wine and let evaporate for another 10-15 minutes.
- 5) Add the passata (tomato puree) and the bay leaves and cook (slow heat) for about 1/1.5 hour. Keep stirring every few minutes! Look after your pork sugo!
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil the pasta.
- When the pasta is very al dente, mix it with the pork sugo. Add Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
What is your favourite ingredients or sauce to add with orecchiette? Let us know the comments!
Main Photo and Video by Italian Food Boss