Crispy, savory and vegetarian-friendly. This easy to follow zucchini and ricotta meatless polpette recipe is the perfect addition to many main dishes or even served as antipasto. With only 6 main ingredients, they are too easy not to make!
- 400g of Zucchini (2)
- 1 Egg
- 180g of Fresh Ricotta
- 40g of Grated Parmigiano
- 70g of Flour
- 80g of Bread Crumbs
- Pinch of Salt
- Oil for Frying
- Wash your zucchini then grate them into a bowl.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini with your hands to get rid of excess moisture then place in a new bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, the ricotta, the egg and the grated parmigiano and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Form little balls with the mixture using your hands then coat them in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the polpette for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on a plate with paper towel to absorb the extra oil then serve!
Know of any other ingredients that would make this recipe even better? Let us know in the comments below.
Main Photo and Video by Maria Cavotta