Yes, another type of dessert for San Giueseppe other than the classic zeppole. With only 5 simple ingredients, you can whip up these sweet fritelle that the whole family will love!
- 300g of FLour
- 30g of Softened Butter
- 10g of Brewer’s Yeast
- 200g of Whole Milk
- 200g of Granulated Sugar
- Oil for Frying
- To start, dissolve the yeast into the milk and let the mixture sit.
- Place your flour onto your working surface and create a hole in the center. Add in the butter and gradually add the milk and yeast mixture and start kneading everything by hand.
- Work the mixture until you have a soft smooth dough
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin onto a floured surface until it is 1/2 cm thick.
- Cover the dough with a cloth or plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Add the oil for frying to a pan and place over medium heat.
- Generously sprinkle the dough with sugar then roll the dough gently.
- Cut the roll into slices about the width of your finger.
- Fry each fritelle on each side until golden brown.
- Set them on paper towel to absorb the extra oil and sprinkle the sugar on them while they are still hot
- Serve them while they are warm!
What are you waiting for? I’m positive you have these ingredients in your house. Make these for you family and they will definitely be impressed.
Main Photo and Video by Enrica Monzani