I’ve been dreaming about this risotto since I made it last! The incorporation of truffle salt and honey makes this dish explode with flavor. It’s so simple and quick to make too!
- Cook arborio according to instructions. Vegetable broth will give the risotto more flavor but water is just fine! Make sure to stir so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of your pan.
- In a separate pan, sautee zucchini in olive oil. Season with truffle salt. If you don’t have truffle salt, cook the zucchini in truffle oil and salt with plain sea salt.
Note: I found this truffle set at Sur La Table. You can salt more generously if you’d like. The butter in the risotto will dilute the salt content of the zucchini so just be sure to taste test along the way!
3. When both the risotto and zucchini are finished cooking, combine the two and stir to incorporate.
4. Add a generous amount of Pecorino Romano (this amount is up to you but keep in mind Pecorino is salty so taste test)!
5. To finish, drizzle truffle honey on top of completed risotto. It adds a very subtle sweetness and reinforces the truffle flavor. I also added extra pecorino to garnish.