This 10-minute cannoli recipe is super quick and simple and makes enough filling for 6 cannoli shells. It’s the perfect dessert for a dinner party or a hostess gift!
Fun fact: Cannoli is plural. Cannolo is the singular form of cannoli, or one cannolo. Remember this and never say cannolis again!
- 15 oz Ricotta (good quality)
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar + more for dusting
- 1 lemon zested
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (mini or standard size)
- Cannoli shells (6 pack)
- 1 gallon zip lock bag for piping
- Pour ricotta and powdered sugar into a bowl and mix gently.
- Fold in lemon zest and chocolate chips (reserving a few chocolate chips for plating).
- Put mixture in zip lock bag. Store in refrigerator up to 2 days before serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut a 1/2 inch hole into one of the bottom corners of the bag (big enough for chocolate chips to pass through). This will allow you to pipe cannoli filling into the shells.
- Pipe filling into each end of the cannoli shells.
- Use a sieve to dust powdered sugar on top of the plated cannoli.
- Add chocolate chips where desired.
- Serve the cannoli fresh! The shells will get soggy if the filling sits in them for more than an hour.