This recipe calls for a pizzelle iron which you can find here. Pizzelle only take about 30 minutes to make!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2/3 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and baking powder and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Add melted (but not hot) butter and mix until combined.
- Heat pizzelle iron.
- Add a tablespoon of batter to the iron and press. A tablespoon is a good amount of batter for a standard size pizzelle.
- Let cool.
- Once you have made all of your pizzelle and they’ve cooled off, you can begin assembling sandwiches. Note: Gently smooth the chocolate spread across the pizzelle, they are delicate.